Friday, May 20, 2011

Famous!!

Okay, I’ll admit when the TV media approaches you and wants an interview…what is your first response? To make sure your hair looks good of course! We were sitting with Dr. Toan at Viet Duc Hospital seeing his clinic patients when a reporter comes in. I try to get her to interview Dr’s Mario and Angel who are the team one doctors but no..she wants to talk to me. She is very gracious, has her questions printed out in English and I of course look terrible, wrinkled shirt, hair not good…so of course we proceed in a small corner of the clinic for O2TV. I am a celebrity in Vietnam as is AOFAS and of course Pierce Scranton! Amazing what coming back every year will do! Pierce and I are the face of AOFAS for the Vietnamese media even though we try to get them to talk with the yearly participants. One question was how many surgical cases had I personally done? I really do not know and will now go dig into the data bases (such as they are) and try to find out. To me, that number is not important. It is the fact that AOFAS has come back every year and built trust and relationships. We have helped thousands, some with surgery and some without. I am hoping for a copy of the TV program (vanity does exist!).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Naomi!!!

    God bless! Keep giving the interviews. You are truly an inportant face of the AOFAS for Vietnam. I think you and I in combination with the OEF Fellows are probably up around 700 patients now. Save some for me later this year!

    Pierce Scranton

    ReplyDelete