Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tired

Okay, we have done 4 cases, 9 cases, 10 cases and 10 cases at the Ortho Rehab Institute. We have seen over 50 patients in clinic. Mario and Angel stayed this afternoon to complete some cases and I went over to Dr. Toan's typical Thursday clinic at Viet Duc. At 7, I asked if we could leave. The group was to go the water puppets at 8 and I was hot, tired and done. They still had I don't know how many patients to see. Fulya and I walked back to the hotel and then she went to see about getting a custom dress made. The price proved to be too much so we went to a store with "good prices". She bought multiple scarfs, purses and a lot of other stuff for a very good price (I can NOT reveal as her husband might find out!!)


Rose, Zan, Angel, Andrea and Mario arrived from the ORI. The decision was dinner not water puppets. We went to a buffet type restaurant that I have eaten at before. The food is good. Unfortunately, we arrived late and all the shrimp was gone. Fulya has been on a "high" all week. She has been in the OR, gotten to scrub, suture and even had the knife in her hand for a bit. Angel is now her teacher and Mario, her uncle. Andrea is her sister and I am her mother! For orthopaedics that is. Tomorrow, we are dividing forces. Angel and Mario will go to Viet Duc. A resident will "pick them up" at 7 am and walk them to the hospital. I will head to the Orthopaedic Rehab Institute to operate with Dr. Trung on I think 5 patients. Andrea and Fulya will head to some "SHOPPING" at Bat Trang, a local ceramics village. Fulya tells me she will come to the OR as soon as she can. Zan and Rose will head to the airport where the next team members are arriving from France and Switzerland. This year is truely international. For me, bed awaits! Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment